The Sims 3 cheats

Published on 11 July 2009 by in Sims 3 cheats

Teleportation

Press Ctrl+Shift+C to open up the console type in TestingCheatsEnabled True now click shift and click on a place to walk and it should say teleport me here.

Trait Modification

Once testingcheatsenabled true has been activated, if you hold the “Shift” key while clicking your active Sim. An option appears were you can edit your Sims traits.

All The Cheats

Cheat Console: During gameplay press [ctrl]+[shift]+C to open the cheat console and type the following to turn cheats on:

testingcheatsenabled – testing cheats on objects

If you have Vista and you can not get the bar to show you need to press Ctrl Alt Windows (should be next to ALT button) and C all at once. Then you may enter any cheat you want
After enabling the test cheats, you can use any of these cheats:

Cheat Code – Result

help – Display most cheats
Kaching – 1,000 more Simoleons
Motherlode – 50,000 more Simoleons
shazaam – +2,500 lifetime happiness points to active Sim
freerealestate – Ignore the cost when buying a lot
modify traits – Set or clear traits
add to household – Add active Sim to current household
set age [number] – Set age of the Sim
edit in cas – Take the Sim back to Create-a-Sim
set career [career/level] – Give selected Sim a career
force opportunity – Click career building you work at to force an opportunity
force eventClick career building you work at to force an event
force all events – Click career building to display all events for the career consecutively
force service sim [name] – Force a specific service Sim to appear
force visitor – Forces a neighbor to show up
make me know everyone – Selected Sim knows every other Sim
make friends for me – Make several random friends for selected Sim
make happy – Sets all mood/moodlets for everyone in the house to perfect; removes negative moodlets
make motives [static or dynamic] – Set motives static or dynamic for entire household
unlockOutfits [on or off] – View career outfits and service uniforms [Note 1]
moveObjects [on or off] – No limitations for placing/moving objects
resetSim [first name] [last name] – Return Sims to safe and neutral state at home
constrainFloorElevation [true or false] – Force terrain adjustments regardless of objects, Sims, and other structures
disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt [on or off] – Objects will not snap to slots while holding [Alt]
fadeObjects [on or off] – Objects fade when camera gets close to them
snapObjectsToAngle [true or false] – Toggle 45 degree angle object snap
snapObjectsToGrid [true or false] – Toggle snap to grid for placed objects
hideHeadlineEffects [on or off] – Show talk/thought balloons above Sim’s head
jokePlease – Print random joke to console
enablellamas [on or off] – Llamas enabled message
slowMotionViz: [0-8] – Slow motion visuals; 0 is normal, 8 is slowest
testingCheatsenabled [true or false] – Enable testing cheats [Note 2]
fps [on or off] – Toggle framerate display at top right
fullscreen [on or off] – Full screen
quit – Quit the game

Note 1: This code must be enabled before entering Create-A-Sim mode.
Note 2:

71 Responses to “The Sims 3 cheats”

1. admin says:

The Sims 3 cheats

2. Joseline says:

This is for the pc? Cause I want a little help for the iPhone version do you think you could help me out.

3. admin says:

Joseline yes, this is for PC and MAC, for iPhone will be soon.

4. jessica says:

i finished the lifestories and they KISSED they lifted off the ground and everything she even fainted when she got home she got arose too*(the name of the girl is Riley)(the name of the boy is Mickey)she wanted to have SEX too (didn’t work)anyway tTHE SIMS 3 RULES!!!!!

5. Simer says:

Why doesn’t the cheat edit in cas work?

6. jonny says:

i only need £10 to get it is it worth it?

7. Kaylie says:

Here are the cheat codes you wanted me.

8. jonny says:

is it realy worth getting?

9. Jennifer says:

What does, “Note 2: You can move your Sims’ status bars as desired by clicking and dragging (hygiene, energy, fun, etc.).” mean?? I can’t figure out how to do this. Can someone explain it better?

10. Danielle says:

Jennifer it means when you have entered the testingcheatsenabled it allows you to pull your hygiene etc up or down so you dont have to feed them or watever you want to do woth them

11. nicholas says:

yeah what she said

12. Kyley says:

Kyley says:

I’m pretty sure that all of these cheat codes should work on my PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 sims LOL :)

13. Hol says:

babies!!! to get triplet girls: 3 watermelons
    triplet boys: 3 apples (2 for twins, 1 to guarantee sex of baby)
    also, get both parents fertility treatment
    and also try: be on your pregnant sim, then type in cheat code (shift ctrl, c)
    then in cheat bar type force twins
    x

14. Sarah says:

Is there any cheat codes to get more money for my samsung solstice phone?

15. Tom says:

Jeniffer

it means when you activate the cheat code testingcheatsenabled true you can click on the health bars to drag them up. So if you sim was hungry you could drag the bar up so it wasnt hungry anymore.

16. Rachel says:

How can i make my sim change clohes like normal people,instead of “spinning”, and how can i take the “blur” away when theyre using the bathroom?.. After all you dont get blurred in real life.

17. Samantha says:

The shazaam thing doesn’t work for me and I don’t no y

18. mark says:

The sims 3 is awsome!

19. Captain says:

Can som body can provide me a serial for sims 3 Ambitions ?

20. Brittney says:

Is there one for PS3

21. Tim says:

Samantha,

If u have already used shazaam once it wont work anymore at all!!!

i think its a bug!!!

22. lucy says:

i love my sims 3 for the PC its awsome!!! i ned this fro my locker llol

23. Haley says:

Try this I always use it. type exactly this without the ” ” “testingcheatsenabled true” yes there is a space before true. SHIFT click on the mail box there you go! click make needs static, their needs are always at 100% or set career you can choose any career. with the sims 3 ambitions testingcheatsenabled true allows you to drag your profession bar up, like for stylist, inventor, etc. hope I helped!

24. Haley says:

ps the set career allows you to go to sports legend (10) instantly! does not help with ltw. you can chift click on any lot to build/buy there instantly or teleport with shift click! shift clicking on your active person allows you to trigger age transition, and change fav music or traits. shift clicking on another person allows you to add to active fam. delete them. or change music. note adding people to your family this way still doesn’t help the wish of havig someone move in with them.

25. Khierson says:

Forgot to put this cheat in:
    [ctrl]+[shift]+C
    Enter this : Familyfunds ( family last name) (amount you want)
    * Don’t forget to space where I put a space or it won’t work, and it won’t work unless the family you want money for is your active family.
    :D

26. Hakeem says:

every since i started playing i cant stop.but im knda tried of the same stuff over and over what to do now

27. britney says:

any way to make the property line bigger, like how you could in sims put objects and walls and stuff past the property line?

28. Lilli says:

An easy way to kill your sims(sims 3,pc): build a room, put a door there, let your sims walk into the room, go to build mode, remove the door, go to live mode, then wait intil your sims die of starvation(dont feed them, let them have shower, go to bed…anything, let them suffer) also, you get cool things if you explore the catacombs in the graveyard, you get better things at night.

29. Daisy says:

Wow, the cheats are awesome, I don’t have the game by am going to get it for the xbox but for now I can use my friends game! Yay![:

30. Marie says:

okay so im wondering a few things,,,
    1. easy way to kill a sim ?
    2. how to make ur sim a maid ?
    3. is there a way to edit your face after your out of CAS ?
    4. is there a way to edit relationships after you’ve already saved &moved on ?
    aaaand
    5. is there a way to keep sims from not dying ?

31. ._. says:

i can’t wait ’till i get the sims 3!!!!
    i’ve looked it up about 3 days ago
    and i’ve been literally loosing sleep
    because i’m so excited!!!! :D

32. Loren says:

I have 2 sims they want to marry each other they also want to “woohoo”
    but I dont know how to do any of those things

HELP!

33. Amanda says:

I have entered testingcheatsenabled to drag the the fun etc. bar up or down but it wont work am I doing something wrong?

34. Amanda says:

Nvm i found out how to do it :). And to pull the game down without having to save and quit just do ctrl alt esc then your game will pull down to the bottom of the screen then when you want to go back to your game just click it and it will come up again.

35. indira says:

this rocks!

36. Sarah says:

none of the cheats work for me!!what can i doo!!
    I think im doing something wrong when entering them…
    can somebody help mee??

37. eric says:

this game is worth it and it is the greatest sim game if you buy ALL expansion and stuff packs

38. Darrah says:

I found a cool glitch to get loads of Lifetime Happiness points. For this to work, you need World Adventures. Use ctrl shift alt c to open the cheat window, then type in testingCheatsEnabled true. Then have one (or more) of your Sims travel to one of the three places (Shang Sim La, Champs Les Sims, or Al Simhara). Once they get there, go to the page where their lifetime happiness points are, hold down shift, and click underneath the treasure chest. Click away until you have as many points as you want. You don’t even have to use shazaam!

39. Dez Chill says:

could someone explain in detail how to use edit in cas? is this possible after sim is already in the household; and does this require “testingcheatsenabled true” or i simply have to type “edit in cas” in the cheat box? thanks.

40. Kristen78122 says:

Hey so i use testingcheatsenabled true and u have to spell it in one word except from true and it is awesome because not only can you drag your needs up but you can also hold shift and click the mail box. this will give you many options … like set career , force NPC (a person from a career, such as the Grim Reaper) you can also click make needs dynamic which will keep your sims need 100% untill you quit the game. you can also teleport yourself to anywhere you want in your town by click where and click teleport (you might need to hold shift) Also, you can hold shift and click your sim and adjust their traits and change your fav music, plus you can trigger your age. When you hold shift and click a sim from your town that you are not controling you can trigger another sims age and add them to your active household.

P.S to kill someone faster than trapping them in a room use testingcheatsenabled true and hold shift and click your sim and trigger their age transition until your person is past elder. Hope i helped :)

41. Akayla Furrows says:

I’ve had too much fun with SIMS3 – In order to quit smoking I started playing this game – haven’t smoked in 6 mo. Anyway as a reward I have purchased all the Sim3 add-ons and even purchased Sim2 Deluxe. I tried Sim2 but not as fun. (I use cheats on both). So I’m sticking with Sim3 and Dragon Age: Origins.

You can not change your characters features in Sims3 – HINT to DEVELOPERS: Need an add-on or upgrade where as the Sims can pay for or earn Life Happiness points for PLASTIC SURGERY – ie: Chin, NOSE, Cheeks, LIPS, even Chi Chi’s etc.!!!!!!!!! Also, Make it so your Sim can PURCHASE CONTACTS of Different EYE COLORS!!!!!
    Add-on for weight gain foods!!! Also when these changes are made – make it so the other Sims NOTICE the changes – good or bad etc.

GIFT GIVING – Bribes, Be creative SIMS3 DEVELOPERS! Also a BIGGY – Make is more difficult for those that are married not to be easily taken in by a flirting sim – And if a Sim married partner cheats or flirts back allow their partner to slap them right away.

Another thing on Love and Marriage – another feature should to added so one can tell if the Sim is in love – really love – madly in love – crazy in love etc.

And for SeaTart sakes more traits – but traits in order of strength 1 being the prominent to the least…

Change the Dialog circle to in ‘Stop Flirting with ….. and allow Slap to that flirting party too) It should make thing for realistic…hehehehehe!

CHEATS: The FASTEST way to KILL a SIM is to be in – testingcheatsenable true – and shift/click on the Sim you want dead –
    ADD TO FAMILY – then move their hunger bar all the way down and Starve them. I am really mean and make them ‘pee themselves first to draw attention and them kill them… This is a great way to the ‘Gold Diggers’ in killing off their mates!

I’d like to know where to send in recommendation on improving this game – I have a number of them and I’m sure many of you do too!

Akayla Furrows!

42. delizabethl says:

I have typed in “shazaam” a thousand times and it never works. What am I doing wrong?

43. Madi says:

If you want your sims to life forever, just go to options and click on Stop Aging.

44. Lizi says:

I was playing last night and the adjusting your sims healthbars. I tried doing this and it wouldn’t let me. I have Testingcheatsenabled true set but nothing happens. Help?

45. Melissa says:

<.<
    I agree with Akayla Furrows
    They need more detail instead of making them fat make their boobies bigger :P

46. analynn says:

the only two codes who work for me are motherlode (witch i knew before..) and kaching (witch is useless since i already knw for motherlode..) but i tried shazaam and it didn’t work and i tried make happy and it didn’t worked.. i tried with and without space.. can anbody tell me what could be wrong?

47. marie says:

Note 1: This code must be enabled before entering Create-A-Sim mode.

– i don’t quite get this.. you must type all the codes before even creating family so they can work later or what. i really don’t get it and codes just don’t work :(

48. Hunter says:

I need help with downloading cars on my game can someone help me out?

49. Rima says:

Heyy Um my sim want to have a relationship with a guy that has a girlfriiend…. how can i make him cheat???

50. AWESOME TACO says:

When i do forcetwins on my pregnat sim, it doesnt make my sim pregnat with twins, it says “unknown cheat” and closes the Ctrl Shift C box. What else do I do?